2012 was the Year of the Afro
Wishing you a healthy, and prosperous new year filled with lots of love!!
2012 has definitley been the year of the afro. While some predicted it would be a short fad, the natural hair movement continues to grow.
To name a few new 2012 hair sightings…
- Oscar: Viola Davis and Esperanza Spading
- Rappers Lil Mama and Snoop Dogg
- Teachable Moments by Melissa Perry-Harris
- Halle Berry
- Oprah on two O Magazine covers
- Wayne County prosecutor Lisa Lindsey
- Even White women are wearing afros
Nicki Minaj claimed to be a long time member of team natural under her many wigs.
Despite all the positive attention naturals have received, Rhonda Lee (anchor), and Howard University show how controversial natural hair still is in 2012.
My favorite natural hair moment of 2012
Drum Roll Please…
I wonder what naturalhair trends we will see in 2013?